Gwen’s Citrus Broccoli Salad
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 fresh Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 lb broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb shredded broccoli
- 1/2 lb precut matchstick carrots
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp mandarin orange segments
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, honey, salt, pepper, and mustard. Whisk together until emulsified. Refrigerate.
- Wash and core apple. Shred on a coarse grater.
- Combine apple, florets, shredded broccoli, carrots, and cranberries. Toss together.
- Add vinaigrette to broccoli mixture. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with well-drained mandarin orange segments.
Nutritional information per serving (7 servings)
124 calories; 19.4 gms carbohydrate; 1.3 gms protein; 4.9 gms fat; 35.8% calories/fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 289 mgs sodium; 2.7 mgs dietary fiber; 30 mgs calcium.