Field Greens with Candied Walnuts, Figs & Stilton Cheese
The Field Greens salad is pictured at right. For Gwen’s Citrus Broccoli Salad (left), click here.
- 1 1/3 oz fresh figs
- 2 oz Stilton
- 1/3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Durkee’s hot sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 oz spring field mix lettuce
- 2 oz candied walnuts
- Wash and cut figs into quarters. Crumble Stilton cheese.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified, or combine all ingredients with the immersion blender and puree until smooth.
- Toss field greens with the dressing. Sprinkle with Stilton cheese and candied walnuts. Top salad with figs and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutritional information per serving (4 servings)
198 calories; 10.5 gms carbohydrate; 2.2 gms protein; 16.4 gms fat; 74.5% calories/fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 229 mg sodium; 0.4 gm dietary fiber; 37 mg calcium.