Farfalle with Fresh Basil Pesto
- 1/4 lb arugula
- 2 stems basil
- 2 oz zucchini
- 2 oz yellow squash
- 1 oz onions
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 7 2/3 oz bowtie pasta
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 oz pesto
- 2 oz grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash arugula and basil under cold water. Let dry on paper towel.
- Wash and dice zucchini and yellow squash. Peel and dice onions.
- Toss the vegetables in oil, place on a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large pot or kettle, cook pasta in water until al dente. Drain immediately but reserve 6 ounces of the cooking water.
- Mix pesto with reserved water. Toss the pesto mixture with the pasta, roasted vegetables, and arugula. Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with basil.
Nutritional information per serving (6 servings)
362 calories; 30.8 gms carbohydrate; 9.6 gms protein; 22.2 gms fat; 55.3% calories/fat; 8 mg cholesterol; 272 mg sodium; 1.7 mg dietary fiber; 162 mg calcium.